Monday, April 21, 2014

New Kicks!

I was in desperate need of new shoes! Last year, when I started running, I did a big runner no-no : I bought my running shoes at a thrift store. They fit me fine but they were probably not as safe. They did the trick but this year I knew I needed new shoes.

In reality this should not be such a big deal but for me it is. I wear a 5.5-6 size shoe. For those with dainty feet, you are probably well aware of this problem already. Running shoes don't come in your size.

When I went to the sports store, the salesperson says, "You may have to check the kids section." Yeah. Right. Kids shoes are not meant for training or running. They are for kids running around in PE for 30 minutes a day. Fortunately, there were two pairs of adult Nike's that were reasonably priced. I went with the mint green.

I was thankful to find shoes that fit. The lady trying on shoes behind me kept complaining, "They don't have them in the color I want." I really wanted to go over and give her a bit of a reality check. Be thankful they are in your size lady!

Fellow (female) runners : If you wear a size 7, 8 or 9, be thankful! You have tons of choices in shoes. Consider me and my little fairy feet jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment